Our Texas Home

Our Texas Home
Our home here in North Texas during Christmas 2009.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Talking to the boss man...

Day one... Well day two, actually. Day one was yesterday, 5/10/2010, when I told my manager, TN, that there was a distinct possibility that my wife was going to be asked to relocate to California.

How'd that go?

Let's see:
"TN, I wanted to let you know that my family might be asked to move to California."

"Really, Jay? Why's that?"

"My wife, Kim, has a great career opportunity there with her current company. We've talked before about how great she is at her job and her reputation. Right?"

"Yeah, yeah, I think we have. Remind me again what it is she does."

(Insert appropriate small talk - Blah Blah Blah - chuckle chuckle chuckle)

"So, TN, I wanted to make sure you understand that I already manage seventy-five percent of my team remotely. Hell, I haven't even met some of them and I would like to stay with the company when I move. You know, manage the whole team remotely."

"Oh. I will have to talk to GP about that. I need to know what he says before we can really discuss it or make any decisions."

"No problem. I just want to make sure you know I would like to stay with the company and I'd like to know what my options are to help me do that."

That was round one. Nothing mentioned today about it. We will see how it goes. On the up side, if I can keep my job then I get a 20% raise for the difference in the cost of living increase in California.

Next steps... Listing the house for sale with our great friend and most awesome Realtor, WH!




No comments:

Post a Comment