Our Texas Home

Our Texas Home
Our home here in North Texas during Christmas 2009.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Downsize to California?

Why the title "Downsize to California"?

Good question! Answer is simple... We live in a great house here in North Texas. It is a large home with a game room, media room, four bedrooms and four bathrooms. A comparable home in a similar neighborhood gets us over $1,000,000 in California. Way out of our price range! Hence, the title. We have to go to a house about half the size without a game room or media room. Makes me sad to lose two of my favorite rooms. But the trade-off will hopefully be worth it!

Worked remotely today. We have the flexibility to do that. I am making sure that it is workable to work from home on a constant basis. I am not working completely from home but I want to be able to explain to TN that I have been successfully completing all my tasks remotely so there is no need to fire me! I can just change my home address and keep on working. Hope they go for it. Be nice to keep my job.

My daughters live in Nashville right now. Their mom moved there and took them with her last summer. I gotta say... That sucked. We haven't told them about California yet. We are waiting until we actually sign the offer letter and have a good time line in place. I think our house will be sold before the end of July. They come during the summer for several weeks and may be here when the house is sold. I think it would be fun to have them along for the adventure. Maybe they will love it so much they decide they want to live with us!


No comments:

Post a Comment