Our Texas Home

Our Texas Home
Our home here in North Texas during Christmas 2009.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Tick toc....

Nothing really to report today. I talked to my local team members about me moving. They were not happy. It was kind of sad. I really like my whole team but have a great bond with the three guys I work with at our Regional Business Office.

On the positive side - We will be making a couple trips here to the house so they can see if there are any items they would like to have from the house. I love giving stuff to people. It is great to see them be happy and it is kind of freeing to shed extra stuff from my life.

I have officially started looking for work in San Francisco today. I applied for a couple jobs today. So if I get a job before the house sells then I would be in California before the family. This would mean no vacation time to spend with the kiddos over the summer. )o:

But let's be serious. What are the chances that I, in this economy, will get a job before the thousands of other people already located in the area. Don't get me wrong here. I am highly qualified but when considering the financials and the timeline, I would pick a local candidate over somebody who is "in the process of relocating" to the area.

I wanted to write all day but felt too pensive to even start. That truly is horrible. I know if I started that the world in my novel would suck me in and I would be able to escape for a while. Perhaps I will go visit there tomorrow. I love writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment