Our Texas Home

Our Texas Home
Our home here in North Texas during Christmas 2009.

Friday, May 14, 2010

Can we get an offer?

WOO HOO! The big boss called Kim today and let her know he has pretty much finished putting the pieces into place. Early next week we should be getting the compensation and relocation package. This is going to be quite the adventure!

Kim told him that we planned to be there before the end of August so our son, Grayson, could start school on time. KINDERGARTEN here we come! Seems weird that my last child is starting school while our daughters are in middle school and high school already. When they say time flies, this is what they are talking about.

Her boss said he wants her there before then! I think the house will be gone in six to eight weeks after we put it on the market. Kim thinks it will take longer. The day we put the sign up that says "For Sale" I will definitely blog about it. We have already had the most fabulous Hulkowich's out to take the pics and evaluate the property. Love Wendy and Gary! We are hopeful that we will have no problem moving and making a small amount of money. We just moved in here ten months ago! It's a brand new neighborhood and the spec homes sell faster than they can build them. Right now there are no inventory homes on the ground so it is in our favor!

Oh yeah.... I worked from the house again today in an effort to continue testing the theory of managing my team remotely. I attended all the calls and answered all the emails with no issues. Was actually more productive than normal because I got to start at 7:30 instead of 8:30. I see no reason for them not to let me keep my job when we move.

So we are thinking of renting an apartment for at least six months when we first get to the SF Bay Area. There are some sweet places out there. It still amazes me that the property prices are so expensive! Even the apartments are pricey. We saw a couple that are about a third the size of our current home and the rent was more than we pay for our mortgage!

Well...... The transition buildup is slow. Can't wait to see what it's like once it gets rolling! Hopefully, my posts will become more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment