Our Texas Home

Our Texas Home
Our home here in North Texas during Christmas 2009.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

It's All Relative

Feeling a bit disjointed today...

I have been at my desk all day. Went to lunch at Chipotle (YUM!) with the three team members that are here in North Texas with me.

I was on a few conference calls earlier and now waiting for the last call of the day. While on the earlier calls I checked out some apartments and houses in the Fremont area. Sometimes I have to swallow hard to see the prices they place on homes out there. I know the size of your house and yard aren't important in a global sense but it is at least a little important to me and my family. I am trying to get into the right mindset that moving to California is more about the quality of life afforded to one than it is about what one has.

Albert E. would say, "It's all relative, Jay. What you have there will be just as nice as what those in your socio-economic circle have. Perhaps you should focus on what you will be gaining instead of what you will be leaving."

Kim was out of town yesterday and even though it was just for one day, I missed her. She is my best friend. Funny how vegging in front of the TV with her is better than without her. Just having her near makes the world a brighter happier place! I am one lucky guy!

On a completely different subject... Checked the beer last night (my home brewed dunkel weissen) and the yeast is starting to go dormant. This means it should be ready for the secondary fermenter by this weekend. I popped the top and it smelled like fresh banana bread... Sign of a GOOD German yeast.

Maybe I will post more later... Maybe today will be a twofer.... I doubt it, but anything is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment