Our Texas Home

Our Texas Home
Our home here in North Texas during Christmas 2009.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

No options...

Spoke with TN this afternoon. He said there are no options available for me to stay in my position and move to California. I must say, that truly sucks. He said there is no possibility that I could manage my team or any other team from California. Not even the team in California. Wow... Not even the team in California.

Why?

Because, it would mean paying a 20% premium on my salary due to location. So to save money for the department the option would not be offered.

We discussed other possibilities. TN said he would gladly provide me a good recommendation to any other department in the company. So I looked and there is a Business Development Manager position in the San Francisco area. I shot an email to the recruiter. She said she will send me as much info as possible once she gets it. Other than that, I would be looking at a retail position. I cannot do the retail gig. The hours don't work with my life.

So now I will attempt to transfer within the company and start looking outside the company. I guess that will give me something to write about! So we have our first twist in the road to Cali.

By the end of this week we will have the offer and the relocation documents in hand. Then I will be able to make it public knowledge.

I still don't plan on quitting my job. How can this be navigated? I don't want to quit. I can do the job remotely. They can't force me to quit. Would they have to fire me if I moved and didn't resign? Anybody know the answer to this?

If there is anybody out there reading this blog and you have a solution then please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment