Our Texas Home

Our Texas Home
Our home here in North Texas during Christmas 2009.

Saturday, May 22, 2010

The offer is in

So we received the offer yesterday afternoon. It isn't everything we had hoped for but it's not too shabby. We get a lump sum to cover closing costs and moving expenses. All in all we will do OK. Not great as we had hoped but one can't be too greedy!

Still struggling with work on my side of things. I want to stay in the current position and just keep doing what I am doing. I am able to work from home and there is no reason they have given that indicates otherwise. The only issue is they want a person in close proximity to the Regional Business Office here in North Texas. So we will see how this goes.

Monday I am considering going to HR and ask for guidance on this issue. There should be something that can be done other than giving me a pat on the back. IT's not like I am a new employee. I have done this job for a while now and I am good at it. Maybe HR can tell me my actual options in this instance.

Last night was a great time. We went to dinner with the Hs. Went to a place call Brio in Watter's Creek. amazing area. I had never been there but it was very impressive. Beautiful mix-use area they have put together. I hope Little Elm does the same. I helped jump start their Town Center project when I was on the Board of Directors for Little Elm's Economic Development corporation. That was a lot of fun!

Oh well.... Washed the car, played on poptropica.com with G and now it is finally time to shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment